History of Cherry Hill, NJ
The area’s original inhabitants were Lenni-Lenape Native Americans who peacefully co-existed with English settlers- followers of William Penn- who arrived in the late 1600s.
In 1695, the English formed the community of Waterford Township, one of the original townships of old Gloucester County. The village had a long, varied, and successful existence as an agricultural center and mill town.
On March 13, 1844, residents held a town meeting and incorporated the Township under a new name- Delaware Township- which then became part of the newly organized Camden County.
Area Codes: 856
Zip Codes: 08002, 08003, 08034
Nearby Cities: Pennsauken, NJ; Maple Shade, NJ; Collingswood, NJ; Haddonfield, NJ; Audubon, NJ; Cinnaminson, NJ; Camden, NJ; Gloucester City, NJ; Bellmawr, NJ; Marlton, NJ; Lindenwold, NJ; Woodbury, NJ; Pine Hill, NJ; Willingboro, NJ